Montse's Reviews > A Week At The Beach

A Week At The Beach by Virginia Jewel

Mar 05, 14

Read from April 11 to 13, 2012

I would like to start this review by saying that this is NOT the type of book Im used to reading. AT ALL. If they would have made me choose between this book and Angelfall or maybe Delirium before I read it, I would obviously go for the dystopian ones. Now, I am not so sure.
THIS IS ONE OF THE SWEETEST BOOKS IVE READ and one of the most inapropiately sexual too. I admit I only read it because it was free, but GOD I got enchanted from the very first chapter! And it hooked me up until the very last page. It was great!

My favorite part was... well... THE END! honestly! It was so... :) don't worry I'm not gonna spoil anything to anyone, but do know that its great.
I admit I fell for Nick also =P

I liked how juvenile and new this was to me and the story was unusual too. Now, I will even re-read it, probably this weekend because It was great. I laughed A LOT! THIS BOOK IS HILARIOUS!!! Poor Cami, so clumsy... but I admit I'm sometimes like her. I could easily get into her thoughts and understand what she felt or thought.

Also I felt good in the cheesy sweet lines of the book. It was great :)

What I didn't like: was the too much sexual content. I'm not used to it so It got me by surprise. Don't judge me saying I'm an innocent little one! I'm just not used to it. PERIOD. Also there were several moments in the book in which I felt EMBARRASSED because of Cammi! I like her and everything, but... I FELT SERIOUSLY EMBARRASSED by her sometimes! I was like "What am I doing reading this?!?!" I even had to call my best friend and complain about it!! Sorry dear :)

Beside everything, it was lovely! lovely lovely lovely.

I recommend it to :
*Everyone who knows what it feels like to have serious or mature plans for your relationship life, yet society pressures you into "one-night stands" and stuff.
*Everyone who is clumsy... :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Week At The Beach.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lareen (new)

Lareen YOU'RE MEAN!!! I actually took my time to read this for the spoilers but when I read the part where you say; I'm not saying the end. I felt like if you're talking about me! *I'll eventually kill you* and I'm glad you mentioned the call. It actually deserved to be said. Anyways darling I can't wait to read it!!!!!