Jilly's Reviews > Full Moon Rising

Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur

Apr 11, 12

Read in July, 2007

I cannot say this was my favorite book mostly because Outlander is but I also cannot say this is a book I would have to recommend. I did like it. It was very fantasy sci-fi what with being set in the future and being about Vampires, Werewolves, and other creatures. That isn’t always my thing though I admit Vampire (such are J.R. Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood Series) stories are something I’ve enjoyed. I also liked the Were-Hunter’s of the Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon, but this is the first time I’ve been submerged into the Werewolf world. I do think I prefer Vampires.

I will be reading the rest of the series only because I am intrigued and I’ve been told that the series gets better. I try not to put to much stock in the beginning of a series (or the first episode of a show) because often times there is so much for the storyteller to impart to us that things take on a monotonous tone.

I don’t mind the lust filled stories but I have to say the fact that every few pages she seemed to need a little action was a bit much. This seemed to be part of the Werewolf lore but that I wouldn’t know.

I can see Riley (or heroine) being an awesome character because I did enjoy her kick ass attitude. Quinn, the Vampire she ends up teaming up with and having a very good time with, was very promising. I rather enjoyed him and some of the humor they have together but at the same time his negativity about Werewolves seemed to give the story no where to go though maybe in future books this will change.

Overall, like I said, I can’t say this is a book you should run out and read though if you are into Vampire/Werewolf stories you might just enjoy it. I am a newbie to this area.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Full Moon Rising.