Book Binge's Reviews > 10 Ways To Steal Your Lover

10 Ways To Steal Your Lover by Dee Tenorio

Apr 11, 12

bookshelves: reviews-by-ames

I jumped at the chance to review this book - the excerpt intrigued me and the set up also reminded me of the Hangover, a movie I really enjoy. And sure enough, the first half of this book is like a romcom version of the Hangover, which is a good thing in my opinion.

Delilah wakes up in a strange hotel room, enjoying her 'wake up call' ::hubba hubba:: when she realizes the one waking her up is not her fiance Craig, but his best man and best friend, Kane. OMGWTFBBQ happened the night before? LOL How did she end up in bed with the best man? 10 Ways to Steal Your Lover is a fun-filled Vegas romp that explains what went down.

As much fun as the whole going back and tracing their steps thing was, I loved the emotion that Tenorio brought about in her characters. Delilah is the daughter of a colonel and she's very aware of her behavior and having to measure up. She feels like she always has to do the right thing (even if it's not necessarily the right thing for herself) and marrying Craig is the right thing, at least on paper. Kane is a down-to-earth horse breeder who has fallen in love with his best guy's woman. He knows this is wrong and in the past year pulled away from Craig and Delilah. Something that hurt Delilah but she couldn't explain why. I believed that Delilah was concerned enough about her parents' acceptance that she was a bit oblivious to her own feelings. Kane knew what was in his heart but didn't want to hurt his friend. So yeah, there was a wee bit of angst that these two had to work through on their way to the truth.

The pacing was really well done. Fun at the beginning, with the deeper emotions trickling in, then there's the show-down with Delilah, Kane, her parents and her former fiance, Craig. The scene between Delilah and Craig I thought was definitely handled with a deft touch that rung true to the characters. It would have been very easy to Craig to be set up as the bad guy here, but that wasn't the case.

This was a quick, fun-filled romp with some truly touching emotion and I highly recommend this book. I can't wait to read the rest of the series. 4.25 out of 5.

This review was originally posted on Book Binge by Ames.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 10 Ways To Steal Your Lover.