Book Binge Blog's Reviews > Time Out

Time Out by Jill Shalvis

Apr 23, 12

bookshelves: reviews-by-holly, spring-giveaway, to-read

Mark and Rainey have history. She had a crush on him growing up, but he always thought of her as nothing more than his best friend's baby sister.She humiliated herself trying to get his attention one night in high school and they haven't spoken since.

Mark is now a NHL coach and Rainey is the program coordinator for the local rec center. When some of his players get in trouble, he sentences them to spend their vacation time helping out at the center coaching softball. Which means Mark and Rainey have to work very closely together. Now that Rainey is all grown up, Mark is looking forward to getting to know her on a more personal level. Rainey hasn't forgotten how humiliated she felt back in the day, and she has no intention of throwing herself at Mark now. Especially since he'll be leaving as soon as his community service project is done.

Mark was seriously hot. I loved the sparks between him and Rainey. They were well matched. She doesn't just immediately fall at his feet, something he isn't used to. Some of his antics had me cracking up (cornering her in the supply closet, scaring off her dates, etc). Shalvis brought her trademark humor and wit to the story.

Rainey is looking for a long-term relationship. She knows she isn't the type for a one-night stand, and sees no point it starting up with Mark when it isn't going to go anywhere. I liked that she knew herself so well, and didn't fall in bed with him just because she was attracted to him.

The characters definitely drew me in. I didn't want to put it down.

This review was originally posted on Book Binge by Holly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Time Out.