The Nate Gatsby 's Reviews > Stone Angel

Stone Angel by Carol O'Connell

Apr 20, 2012

Read from April 19 to 20, 2012

Entertainment value: 18/20

This book was very entertaining. There was mystery and explosions and shootouts and basically everything else you’d need to make sure a book never had a chance to get too boring. I liked all the storylines that were mixed in and they all kept my attention.

Readability: 16/20

This book was very easy to read. There were parts that were confusing, but it was more because the majority of the characters didn’t even know what was going on. So it left the reading guessing along to most of it all the way to the end.

Plot: 13/20

The plot had a lot of things going on. There were probably 10 different storylines floating around in the novel, but most of them were fully worked out by the end of the novel. There were a few I was still unsure of at the end, so that was the reason for the lower score.

Characters: 15/20

The main character (at least in my mind), Charles Butler, is someone that I really enjoy reading about. He reminds me of myself in different ways even though he would look nothing like me. Mallory also is a great character because she is such a hard character to figure out. Se is always changing.

Originality: 13/20

The plot to this story wasn’t the most original thing I’ve ever read. It was a mix between the two classic plots of going back home to find out more about the town you left at a young age and plotting revenge. Both have been done in many other stories. This book was at least a little different about it and kept me on my toes at parts.

The final Score for this book is a 75/100. This was a very entertaining book with 2 great main characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stone Angel.

04/19/2012