Justin Yeary's Reviews > Small Stakes Hold 'em: Winning Big with Expert Play

Small Stakes Hold 'em by Ed Miller

Apr 11, 12

bookshelves: poker
Read in July, 2011

This is a pretty solid poker book. As the name implies, the strategy contained within is ideal for small stakes NLHE games, where you are most likely to encounter amateur players who don't really play very well. It's a bit heavy on the numbers and math, so it's not the most accessible book, but there's nothing really more complicated than basic probability so it's not too bad. It does a great job of covering basic concepts, and also gives you more specific details on the ideal starting range of hands to play, strategies for playing certain hands, etc. Although it's not the best poker book, it's still a very good book that I'd recommend. Not for amateurs though: you should have a decent familiarity with the game and its basic concepts before you try to tackle this one. However, you also don't have to be an expert or seasoned poker veteran to understand it. Overall I'd say it's worth the time and money if you can find a copy, but I've read better poker books.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Small Stakes Hold 'em.