Jeanie's Reviews > Death Sentence

Death Sentence by Alexander Gordon Smith

Apr 15, 12

Read from April 11 to 13, 2012

AWESOMENESS!!! (I know, I have a way with words right?) I am truly glad that I didn't discover this series until it was complete, I cannot imagine being left with these cliffhangers and having to wait for the next one...you think Furnace is cruel? It's nothing compared to these cliffhangers, LOL!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death Sentence.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lisa Isn't it the best when the series already or almost near complete? We ordered number 4 and it should be here by the end of the week. (Sarah used a gift card!)

Jeanie You didn't buy the Nook book?! I bought it and am about half way through!

Lisa No, because Sarah has the others in book form and she wanted to complete her collection. She used a Christmas gift card. She bought that one and more to finish up a new series she's reading called Gone. I'm going to snag those from her too.

message 4: by Leslee (new)

Leslee Question: Is this book really a teen book? Sounds awfully dark to me. That said, I download the story for 99 cents. I'll see if I like it well enough to download the rest.

message 5: by Jeanie (last edited Apr 17, 2012 03:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeanie Yes, I do think it is perfectly fine for teens. As a matter of fact, I just recommended them to my nephew who just turned 14. They ARE creepy and I'm not sure how you feel about violence, but I'm not going to lie, there is a great deal of it in these books. I personally don't think it's more than my nephew can handle, but I think it just depends on how mature the teen is that your giving it to. Again, I would think that these are fine for all teens but everyone is different :) Hope that helps! Maybe Lisa can chime in too cause her daughter has read them all too :)

message 6: by Leslee (new)

Leslee When I downloaded it from B&N they were saying the age range was 12-17. I think 12 might be a little young, but I imagine 14 year olds could handle it. Guess you could say the same of the Harry Potter books and the Hunger Games trilogy. Both of which I loved and I have friends whose 10-year olds have read the HP series. These just sounded a LOT darker that those. I guess I'll read to story and see. Thanks for responding! I love some of the suggestions I get through here!