Wendle's Reviews > The Sacred Art of Stealing

The Sacred Art of Stealing by Christopher Brookmyre

Sep 05, 14

bookshelves: humour
Read from March 25 to 28, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

The Sacred Art of Stealing = (Arty clowns + Incompetent gangsters) x (Arty clowns + Gullible Glasca polis)

Quite a few people recommended this Brookmyre to me, stating it was their favourite, so it had a lot to live up to. It wasn't anything better than other Brookmyre books, but it's still a Brookmyre book, which means it's still really bloody good.

Clowns robbing a bank? The fact that this clown robbery lasts for the first half of the book? Awesome. And then the things I don't want to spoil that go on to make up the second half of the book. More awesome.

This book heralds the return of Angel X, and pairs her with a friendly foe much more to her standards.

And speaking of Zal, I had so much fun trying to figure out what he was up to throughout the second half of this book. I was well off, but really I'm glad Brookmyre didn't make it obvious. He also managed to make it tie in perfectly with all the things he'd set up earlier in the book.

Once again, seriously, brilliant writing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sacred Art of Stealing.