Jenna's Reviews > Torrent

Apr 15, 12

bookshelves: christian-fiction, favorites, historical-ya-fiction
Recommended for: historical YA fans
Read from April 11 to 15, 2012

“That was the ending???”-that was my reaction upon reading the last sentence of the book and turning the next page just to find out it’s finished. Honestly, it wasn’t a really satisfying ending. I’m really disappointed with the lacking of a much better solid ending.

However, I loved Lord Rodolfo Greco in Torrent. Truly I have an unexplainable liking to the “bad guys” or bad boy image guys in stories. They drew to me, I don’t know why,lol. Moving on, though I love the adventures of the Bettarinis and Forellis, etc. However, I have to admit that the major plot “girl saves town/boy, boy saves girl” is okay in the 1st book, acceptable in the 2nd, and kinda running overused in the last one. Sometimes I can’t help but feel bored with the turn of events. Except on the part where Gabi was having doubts on liking Greco (yes yes, I know, but I can’t help it, there’s just something about Greco that I like,teehee). But what made this third book of the series unique among the other two is the tone of seriousness and finality in the voices of the characters. I was very emotional in the beginning when The Lady Bettarinis were able to save their dad. It was kinda thrilling yet somewhat unfair in the sense of proper fairness, you get what I mean? The reason I’m emotional was because I felt what Gabi felt- lost my dad 8 months ago, about the same as Gabi’s. And I can kinda relate to her state of love life. Anyway! Another is the lessons the book is trying to convey (as I understood), how we have to treasure life, and live everyday as if it is our last. Truly that will make us have a more fulfilling life. The sense of them talking about the future seem to hold fair (I think) because it gives us readers an idea of how things might of might not do for them.

In the end, I still enjoyed the book, loved the series as a whole and I will be dreaming of my own Marcello- of when will I meet him in our time? :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Torrent.

04/11/2012 page 78
20.0% "Just had to start the third book! Haha. Will sleepnow."