Book Him Danno's Reviews > Finding Our Way Home

Finding Our Way Home by Charlene Ann Baumbich

Apr 14, 12

bookshelves: 2012, books-sent-by-author-publisher-for
Read from April 11 to 14, 2012

I enjoyed this story of two women finding their way back to what they had lost. Young or old we all have things we have done or haven’t done that we regret. I think as we age the things we haven’t done pick at us more than the things we have done. What would happen if you couldn’t do something you loved? Something that was your way of living, literally and monetarily? Well you never really know what tomorrow holds and this is a sweet tale of getting back to normal, from a tragedy that changed everything, at least back to the ‘new normal’.

Grace is a huge reason for the changes in these women’s lives and I think we all need to remember that it is Grace that helps us in every way every day. If you enjoy sweet stories about friendship building, getting back to those you love and recovery of self, you will enjoy this book. This book is Christian Fiction, in the way that God is present in all of our lives but not overly religious at all. Happiness, friendship and love pop-up in places we would expect. This book made me appreciate what I have, warts and all.

Life throws us curves all the time. A favorite quote of mine is, “Life is what happens when you are making other plans.” I don’t know who said it, except the friend of mine who likes to quote it constantly. Get out there and enjoy what you have, don’t constantly whine about what is missing in your life. Instead of whining, learn to love what you have been given and if you want more than set a goal and work for it. No one deserves anything in this world unless they work for it. And when you work for something you always enjoy it more anyway. Life is what you make of it. Make it memorable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding Our Way Home.

04/13/2012 page 225
67.0% "I like this story"