babyhippoface's Reviews > The Hueys in the New Sweater

282057
May 29, 12

bookshelves: humor, kids-picture-books
Read in May, 2012

I am trying to figure out what I think about this one. Here's sort of the thought process I went through reading it....

Thought #1: This is like the Sneetches.
Thought #2: What is that thing in the middle of their foreheads?
Thought #3: Wait. Is this an "it's okay to be gay" book?
Thought #4: Is it hair? No--it's a nose. Nope--it's--uh...it's a nose, but it's weird.
Thought #5: Oop. Is this a statement on conformity and the lack of originality in our world?
Thought #6: How come the sweaters have arms until the Hueys put them on, and then they disappear and the Hueys have stick arms again?
Thought #7: Rupert and Gillespie are awesome book character names.
Thought #8: This is like when you see a group of kids at the mall who have bright blue mohawks and wear it that way because they want to be different but there are, like, 7 of them that look exactly the same as they try to be different.
Thought #9: These Huey things sure like to dance and pose.
Thought #10: (Looking at the back end papers) How did they get to that place, where they are all dressed completely different?

And that's where I'm at. Wondering what this book is supposed to be about and thinking it's just pretty funny, and that's all I can lay my finger on. Maybe I need someone less literal than me to explain it to me.... :)

Review copy provided by Penguin. (Thanks, Sheila!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hueys in the New Sweater.