Nicholas Sparks's Reviews > We Need to Talk About Kevin

We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver

Jun 21, 12

bookshelves: nicholas-recommends

In a series of letters, Shriver's protagonist Eva Khatchadourian comes to terms with the crimes of her high school-age son. Riveting.
19 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We Need to Talk About Kevin.

message 1: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth When I first saw this book, the title intrigued me. When I tried to read it, though, I found it very difficult to get into. Did you think it started out slow?

message 2: by yoksan (new)

yoksan The title is indeed intriguing.

message 3: by Nova (new) - added it

Nova Sizemore Seems like a good book. I'm going to read it.

Tiffany The book was intriguing and the mother's state is indeed noble and clarifying, but the book was a bit of a shock on almost every page after Kevin is conceived. It was a hard book to get through but I think it was worth the time at the end mostly because of the mother's character and her way of handling the situation.

message 5: by Mira (new)

Mira Nagar seriously sounds intriguing.

Haley Georgi I just bought this book will have to read it soon

Jenny (biggeist 1D fan alive) Rahal I read it 2 times! It's my all time favorite

message 8: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam I read this book for school and I loved it. I recommend it :D

message 9: by Book'd (new) - added it

Book'd A sure-to-be-read given the good that it sounds. Thank for the review Nick!

message 10: by Judy (new)

Judy Webb I see you are readings a lot, thank you for your comments on other authors' novels. What I want to know is are you working on another novel, I have read everything you have written and I am waiting on your next one? Please hurry.

message 11: by Lori (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lori Tillman I read this book months ago but I still think about it often and relive the emotions I felt when reading Kevins story. Although this is a fictional story it seemed as if the author was writing from experience which made the book even more intriguing. I have encouraged many people to read this book not only because its great but so I will have more people to discuss it with!