Nicholas Sparks's Reviews > Lisey's Story

Lisey's Story by Stephen King

Sep 10, 12

bookshelves: nicholas-recommends

It's a "love story" done "Stephen King" style and so perfectly done that my first thought after finishing was to read the novel a second time. The characters are so genuine and universal that everyone will love them, and the story is both magical and heart-breaking at exactly the same time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lisey's Story.

Comments (showing 1-15)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Dawn Michelle I give you full marks for being able to finish this story. I so wanted to LOVE this book and finish it, but it was just to weird for me. Maybe someday I will come back to it and try again!!!

message 14: by Germaine (new) - added it

Germaine Ann I'm gonna read this one!

Varsha I also loved it- It is by far one my top10 must read books...

message 12: by Margaret (new) - added it

Margaret Oooooh... Interesting. This is def going in my to-read list!

Sandra Just ordered it - looking forward to having a read!

message 10: by Eileen (new) - added it

Eileen Currently reading!

Christine Wegrzyniak Just go this one from the library.

message 8: by Nadia (new) - added it

Nadia From what I've been hearing, it sounds good though I can't imagine Stephen King writing a love story

message 7: by Book'd (new) - added it

Book'd Though this one is on my list for long now. Its surely up the pile to be read next. Thanks for the review Nick!

message 6: by Fran (new) - added it

Fran Parker Really looking forward to getting this book and reading it. Going on my to read list! Thanks for the review to spur me onward. ;-)

message 5: by Beverlyn (new) - added it

Beverlyn I will try...I have never read it yet to read his books because I was just currently reading your novel "Safe Haven"... maybe after reading your novel, I will try to read that.. I will make it to download it now or tomorrow. Thanks for the recommend Sir:)

Nathan I think he's just hoping for a "Stephen King" jacket blurb in return for giving this 5 stars. ;)

message 3: by Lisa (last edited Sep 19, 2013 08:38PM) (new) - added it

Lisa Nathan wrote: "I think he's just hoping for a "Stephen King" jacket blurb in return for giving this 5 stars. ;)"
Lol. He is generous (his avg. rating is 5) but I seriously doubt that he needs more validation. He is the like the god of romance novels.

Carey Smith Awesome love story I completely agree told Stephen king style

ArlyPL All comments are very persuasive, thanks.