Nicholas Sparks's Reviews > Lisey's Story

Lisey's Story by Stephen King

Sep 10, 2012

bookshelves: nicholas-recommends

It's a "love story" done "Stephen King" style and so perfectly done that my first thought after finishing was to read the novel a second time. The characters are so genuine and universal that everyone will love them, and the story is both magical and heart-breaking at exactly the same time.
124 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lisey's Story.

03/24 marked as: read

Dawn Michelle I give you full marks for being able to finish this story. I so wanted to LOVE this book and finish it, but it was just to weird for me. Maybe someday I will come back to it and try again!!!

message 2: by Germaine (new) - added it

Germaine Ann I'm gonna read this one!

Varsha I also loved it- It is by far one my top10 must read books...

message 4: by Marga (new) - added it

Marga Oooooh... Interesting. This is def going in my to-read list!

Sandra Just ordered it - looking forward to having a read!

message 6: by Eileen (new) - added it

Eileen Currently reading!

Christine Wegrzyniak Just go this one from the library.

message 8: by Nadia (new) - added it

Nadia From what I've been hearing, it sounds good though I can't imagine Stephen King writing a love story

message 9: by Asha (new) - added it

Asha Though this one is on my list for long now. Its surely up the pile to be read next. Thanks for the review Nick!

message 10: by Fran (new) - added it

Fran Parker Really looking forward to getting this book and reading it. Going on my to read list! Thanks for the review to spur me onward. ;-)

Beverlyn Anne I will try...I have never read it yet to read his books because I was just currently reading your novel "Safe Haven"... maybe after reading your novel, I will try to read that.. I will make it to download it now or tomorrow. Thanks for the recommend Sir:)

Nathan I think he's just hoping for a "Stephen King" jacket blurb in return for giving this 5 stars. ;)

message 13: by Lisa (last edited Sep 19, 2013 08:38PM) (new) - added it

Lisa Nathan wrote: "I think he's just hoping for a "Stephen King" jacket blurb in return for giving this 5 stars. ;)"
Lol. He is generous (his avg. rating is 5) but I seriously doubt that he needs more validation. He is the like the god of romance novels.

Carey Smith Awesome love story I completely agree told Stephen king style

ArlyPL All comments are very persuasive, thanks.

Helene Bjerg-Holm I completely agree with you! I keep on reading this book over and over again - and I'm still moved by it every time.

Susan Dorne "Perfectly done"? What book did you read? This has become my least favorite King book. Al that crazy lingo is annoying as hell. And King usually does dialect so well.

Maggie McTiernan Agree 100%. Think this is a masterpiece and crazy that it hasn't had much more attention. An absolutely beautiful book.