Lorrie's Reviews > Alanna: The First Adventure

F_50x66
Apr 11, 12

bookshelves: things-i-ve-really-liked
Read in January, 2000

Oh man, this book was a huge part of my formative years. I was reading them in 4th and 5th grade and just completely freaking out. I had to hide them from my Christian parents because of the whole multiple gods thing, and do you know how hard it is to smuggle literature when you're only a few times bigger than the paperback book itself? And when your mom is the one DRIVING you to the library? Totally worth it though, guys. All girls around 10 or more should read these.

Pro tip for my younger, more religiously oppressed readers: Always check out 6 books from the library at a time. Then, wear a windbreaker to the library and check out 7. Put the receipt slip in your pocket or the trash, then slide your illicit 7th book up under your shirt behind your back, then tuck in the back of your shirt just a little to hold it there. The windbreaker hides the shape and they only expect to see 6. Alternatively, if you're more of an early developer than I was, hide it in the front below the sports bra you're super excited about wearing. This is totally going to work.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alanna.