Patricia Kemp Blackmon's Reviews > God Gave Us Love

God Gave Us Love by Lisa Tawn Bergren

May 31, 12

bookshelves: children-s-books, blogging-for-books-review, macy-s-books
Read on April 28, 2012 — I own a copy

Little Bear goes fishing with Grampa Bear but the Otters were so playful and mischievous that Little Bear just knew they would chase all the fish away. Grampa sensed that Little Bear was getting upset at the Otters. Grampa decided to have a talk with her about sharing the love of God.

The story is very endearing. I could almost hear the tone in Grampa Bear's and Little Bear's voices. Grampa being loving and patient, Little Bear being curious and sometimes confused. Grampa does a wonderful job getting God's message of love for others across to Little Bear.

The illustrations in this board book colorfully depicts the feelings shared between Grampa Bear, Little Bear and the rest of their family. Let's not forget the playfulness of the Otters that prompted the lesson of God's Love.

I highly recommend this book.

I rated this book a 5 out of 5.

Disclosure
I received a free copy of this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for review. I was in no way compensated for this review it is my own review. It is my own opinion.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read God Gave Us Love.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Vera Godley I reviewed this book, too. Wasn't it sweet and beautifully illustrated.