Jessica at Book Sake's Reviews > Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things

Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things by Ted Naifeh

Apr 11, 2012

liked it

I hadn’t read any of the Courtney Crumrin stories previously, but when I saw this new edition I jumped at the chance. Courtney’s parents are so awesome – in that oh-my-god-they-are-clueless-butt-kissing-money-grubbing-idiots kind of way. So basically they are just a lot of fun to watch and read the things that come out of their mouths. However Courtney and her sass steal the show. This new house has its secrets, which are creepy and fantastic to read about, but it’s more than the house that’s got the paranormal aspect working for it. Courtney encounters weirdness in the forest between her new home and school and at another family’s house while she is babysitting. There is more than just one type of paranormal creature in this story, which makes it even more entertaining. The only drawback for me is that I wish there was more character development with Courtney and that more interacting with her Great Uncle Aloysius had taken place.

Reviewed by Jessica for Book Sake.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things.