Stephenie 's Reviews > Slammed

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Apr 24, 12

bookshelves: favorites-2012, favorites
Read in April, 2012

Review as posted on my blog: http://stephiereadsbooks.blogspot.com...

Thank you Abbi Glines for posting about this on Facebook, thank you Facebook for just existing so that I was able to get this recommendation, thank you Goodreads for the community that let me dive further to see what all the hype was about this book, and thank you Colleen Hoover well, for rocking my freaking world with a book, an amazing book that kept me reading all day and night. I devoured Slammed and Point of Retreat in one day, I've never read two books in a day; well I have now! I read and cried and not just those little sissy tears, no I freakin boohooed crocodile tears. This book is amazing! Let' me tell you why.

Layken or Lake as she is called. I love this girl. She is complex and not your typical teenage girl. She's interesting, feisty and intriguing because she cares about her family deeply. She can be moody and frustrating but that made her so much more real to me. She's so feisty and likeable that I just loved her development as a character. She brought so much to this story and I really enjoyed reading about her.

Will. Oh Colleen do you ever know how to make a grown woman feel like a cougar. When you created Will you made a real honest to goodness swoon-worthy character. He seems flawless but he isn't, he's complex and deep and I just loved him. His story broke my heart and the situation he is placed in. Too young he is given such a huge responsibility but he really steps up to the plate! Thank you Colleen for Will.

The side characters are enjoyable as well. All of them. They aren't just put there without purpose, Colleen has interwoven them beautifully in this amazing story to add even more flare.

This story is an emotional journey that I just devoured. This book will stay with me for a long time and I am certain I will reread about Layken and Will again because it is just so good.

I cannot stress enough how much I loved this book, not just enjoyed, LOVED. Colleen is an amazing author and I actually feel privileged to be one of her first readers. This book is going to be a huge hit so I highly recommend you go read this book now!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slammed.

Quotes Stephenie Liked

Colleen Hoover
“I got schooled this year
a
boy

A boy that I'm seriously, deeply, madly, incredibly, and undeniably in love with.
And he taught me the most important thing of all...

To put the emphasis
On life .”

Colleen Hoover
“Question everything. Your love, your religion, your passion. If you don't have questions, you'll never find answers.”

Colleen Hoover
“Don't take life too seriously. Punch it in the face when it needs a good hit. Laugh at it.”

Colleen Hoover
“Choose your battles, but don't choose very many.”

Colleen Hoover
“If I live the life I'm given, I won't be scared to die.”

Colleen Hoover
“respect the hand that I was dealt. And to be grateful I was even dealt a hand.”

Colleen Hoover
“Does he treat you with respect at all times? That's the first question. The second question is, if he is the exact same person twenty years from now that he is today, would you still want to marry him? And finally, does he inspire to be a better person? You find someone you can answer yes to all three, then you've found a good man.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Fred Whoa! Nice review, Steph! There's just something magic about these books. I think it has to do with Colleen, but I'm gonna have to keep reading to find out :-)

April I was thinking about buying this before, but after that review I'm reading it today!

Stephenie April wrote: "I was thinking about buying this before, but after that review I'm reading it today!"

You will love it April! Please let me know how you felt about it.

April Stephenie wrote:
You will love it April! Please let me know how you felt about it."

I finished it last night and you're right! I did love it! Can't wait to start the next book! Is it as good as the first?

Stephenie Yes!!!! April! :)