Shelly Crane's Reviews > Wishing for Someday Soon

Wishing for Someday Soon by Tiffany King

Apr 11, 12

bookshelves: best-books

First off, let me say this is one of my favorite books of the year so far.

It didn't take very long for me to start ugly crying. It started out rough to read for me, as in it was hard and agonizing for the characters. I'm not usually a person who reads a lot of contemporary because all the problems are so real and it's just hard because I make everything personal in my head. Paranormal is my normal. I was hooked because the girl is so awesome to read about, and the guy, Max, is literally the best guy there is in a book.

I finished this book in one day, only stopping once to make lunch. I cried and bawled and wanted to scream almost the entire book.

The story flows and never stops. The characters are as real as can be and the drama is heartbreaking to the point of chest pain. You feel everything in this book and it was beautifully sad, but not depressing. It's been hours since I finished and I still can't stop thinking about it.

Everyone should read this book, if for no other reason, to gain a new perspective.

Thank you for writing a story that I could sink into and cry tears of anguish and joy in the same hour. Thank you for writing a story without love triangles and cheating and normal girl drama.
5 awesome, cringing, ugly crying, smiling, swooning, and finally, believing that faith in humanity isn't in vain, stars from me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wishing for Someday Soon.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Apurva (new) - added it

Apurva "Paranormal is my normal" i second Ur opinion. i going to read this book soon

Jodi Shelly, I love when you review books. I have found that our taste in books is very similar and enjoy getting new titles from you! Can't wait to read this one.

Shelly Crane Oh, it's seriously the best of Tiff's books. Tissues ready :)

Nichole Aten It was amazing thank you for the recommendation..... i normaly don't cry in books and this one did it for me.....you know its good when it gets out the emotions its supposed to get out......

message 5: by Liz (new) - added it

Liz I love your reviews as well, thank you. I also stick to paranormal and generally refuse to read contemporary, being as there's enough tears in real life without seeking it out. With that in mind, after this review, I will read this book. I can do happy endings...even if it requires a box of Kleenexs to get to it. :)