Star (The Bibliophilic Book Blog)'s Reviews > Hide Me Among the Graves

Hide Me Among the Graves by Tim Powers

Apr 11, 12

bookshelves: reviewed

‘Hide Me Among the Graves’ is a chilling gothic tale full of ghosts, vampires, and Nephilim. Focusing on the historical figures - siblings Christina and Dante Gabriel Rossetti – Mr. Powers has given us an alternative view of the origins of creativity and madness. A Victorian London suffused with the supernatural draws you into the clutches of the monsters and ordinary folk. Unlikely acquaintances and future friends are forced to combat the evil Christina Rossetti had quickened many years ago, before he and his female companion turn London into Hell and take loved ones for their own.

This is, I believe, the first novel by Mr. Powers I’ve read. I was pleasantly surprised and quickly bewitched by his words. Rich in history, art, literature, dynamic characterization, evocative descriptions, and chilling horror, ‘Hide Me Among the Graves’ is a delightful literary treat. This isn’t a book you can easily forget and I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t forget you, the reader, too. This is a wonderful and uncommon addition to the genre which has become increasingly common.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hide Me Among the Graves.