Laura's Reviews > The Song Remains the Same

The Song Remains the Same by Allison Winn Scotch

Apr 11, 12

Read in April, 2012

Nell Slattery survives a plane crash and wakes up in the hospital with amnesia. Slowly, she starts to put the pieces of her life together even as her sister, mother and husband keep information from her. She feels life gave her a second chance and she wants to reinvent herself.

The synopsis of this book sounded so good and I was eager to read it. It started out fine but before long I realized I didn't care much for the characters, the story evolved too slowly and I was tired of all the profanity and crass language. Halfway through the book I no longer wanted to read anymore of it. The story no longer held any interest for me. I found the characters lacked maturity and common sense. Nell was too disrespectful toward her mom (for no reason it seemed), and I didn't like where the story was going.

However, you might want to read the other reviews and judge for yourself if this is a book that might interest you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Song Remains the Same.