Marian Baay's Reviews > The Master's Wall

The Master's Wall by Sandi Rog

Apr 11, 12

Read in February, 2012

Sandi Rog writes an interesting and original story set in the first century. The two main characters are energetic young people who become close friends - one the master's granddaughter, the other the master's slave.

Young David was sold as a slave at the age of 10. He's the son of Hebrews who believed in Yahshua and because of their faith they were killed. In the first century Christians were awfully persecuted. David kept the faith of his parents and starts telling other slaves about his God and a church was planted between the master's wall.

On David's first day at the master's villa he meets the master's granddaughter. Alethea is 7 years old and just saw her father get killed by the hand of her grandfather, because her father was a Christian.
Alethea is a feisty little girl. She reminds David of his little sister. He decides then that he will protect her.
A sweet friendships grows in the years that follow. They love to escape in the woods and have a secret place on top of the master's wall.

David lives a hard life. He is trained to be a juggler and warrior. He learns that his master is a hard man. He gets undeserved whippings, because of the lies of the master's family members. There are several opportunities for David to escape, but Alethea is the reason that he never runs away. She needs him to protect her from her selfish family.

At the age of 11 Alethea was betrothed to a man she didn't love and didn't desire to marry. She wants to marry David, but a marriage between a master's granddaughter and a slave is impossible. She prays to David's God for a way to marry David.
Is there a way then? Will God answer such a prayer?

The Master's Wall is full of action and has plenty of twists and turns. I also learned a lot of historical facts. I didn't like so much to read about the whippings and beatings, but those things really happened back then. It only added to the reliability. The more I read of this story the more I liked it. I'm looking forward to read more of Sandi's books!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Master's Wall.