Marian Baay's Reviews > Nightshade

Nightshade by Ronie Kendig

May 29, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read in May, 2012

I read this book when it just released in 2010, but I recently reread it and I probably enjoyed it even more!
Having read all the books in the Discarded Heroes Series, I started to love all the guys. Max is one of my favorites, but all guys are easy to love and it was great to read each of their stories.

Max is a former Navy SEAL and has seen too many awful things in combat. Those things are haunting him and unleashes his anger. Now his wife Sydney is afraid of him and files a restriction order and divorce, because Max doesn't want to deal with his problems.
Max thinks he has nothing valuable to live for anymore, but then an old general is recruiting a black ops team and Max is asked to become the leader.

Nightshade is born--a group elite soldiers. Officially they don't exist and their work is top secret. But Sydney hears a rumour about a group of 6 American soldiers that destroyed a whole hostile village. As a reporter she wants to know who this group is. She starts asking questions and soon someone is trying to silence her.

Nightshade's next mission is in the Philippines. Max leads his team through the dangers of the jungle and threats of the hostile Higanti. Their mission is to free hostages.

Sydney continues her search for the secret elite soldiers. Will she find them? And is there a chance to restore her marriage with Max?

This book is full excitement and adventure. When I read it the first time I devoured the book in one day. This second time around I took it slow and I savored every detail.
This series is a keeper and I hope to reread it again and again. It's FABULOUS!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightshade.