Louise Graham's Reviews > Shades of Appley Green

Shades of Appley Green by Miriam Wakerly

Apr 10, 2012

Read on January 01, 2012

This is third book of Miriam’s that I have read. Whilst this is written in the fictional (but beautifully sounding) village of Appley Green just like the previous two books and has references to people mentioned in the other two books, it certainly can be read on its own and works very well.

This novel focuses on the life of Steph and her family. Miriam has written flash backs to Stephs life that helps us understand her more and she really is an extremely likable lady and you so desperately want her to have the happiness she deserves. The final chapters were very unexpected and added a real twist to the tale! Steph and her children’s (Faith and Barnaby) connection with Jackson Jeffrys is truly lovely and I too become ‘very fond of the old chap! He became more than just her client via Special Support for Seniors, he become a friend to all of them.

Miriam writes with a gorgeous flow and a great depth to her characters with her books and whilst they won’t have your windows steaming and champagne flowing, they are very addictive and wonderful to read!

Shades of Appley Green gives you faith in human kindness! Another deeply engaging read by Miriam Wakerly

Thank you so much Miriam for sending me a copy of this book to review, like your previous two, they are all a real pleasure to read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Appley Green.