Eunice's Reviews > Storm

Storm by Brigid Kemmerer

May 13, 12

bookshelves: damn-gorgeous-males, cool-covers, multiple-pov, out-2012, paranormal, urban-fantasy, ya-romance, young-adult
Recommended to Eunice by: Mimi Valentine
Read from May 04 to 06, 2012 — I own a copy

I would be honest that the main reason that caught my interest to read this book was that I heard that there were quite a number of hot swoon-worthy guys in this one. Then I was surprised to learn that they were not just your typical gorgeous guys but also very cool people who have super natural powers that can control the elements! And so I was sold!

The characters were awesome and very fascinating. Becca Chandler was a very real and compassionate character. She did a poor decision in the past that made her flawed and vulnerable but still she faced and dealt it with her best. I didn't like her right away though but she eventually grew one me as the story went on and as I learned more of her. Chris Merrick on the other hand, I like right away! Haha! Although sometimes his reactions on some things were a bit offending but still he was a very good person, having his POV helps a lot understanding his character. Hunter, the first time I met him I was like, Uh-oh. Not that I find him bad, he was in fact a very kind and caring character but when he showed up I known there'd be love triangle coming and he'd be a threat! Haha! And I just can't seem to like him. Don't hate me alright, I saw all the good in him and I know lots of people loved him but I just...can't. The other Merrick brothers - Michael, Nick and Gabriel were all equally hot and sexy. Gabriel was funny and very fascinating, he's my personal favorite among the brothers.

What I enjoyed the most in this story was discovering each brother's elemental powers. I also had fun learning how it worked and how people get to have those abilities and stuffs. I was also moved by the relationship of the brothers especially after discovering what their family has been through. Growing up without parents who most understand their situation was hard. Brigid Kemmerer did very good job in handling and capturing the conflicts and issues within the relationship of the brothers. As for the love-triangle, worry not because it wasn't the kind that gives you headaches or had you pulling your hair out of your scalp. It was actually pretty good and I did quite enjoy most parts of it.

Storm was very entertaining and fun read, fast paced and action-packed. This book is more than just the boys (even though they were the main reason I read this), there's a lot more in this book that I'm sure you'll enjoy as much as you will enjoy the boys! LOL! Looking forward for the next book, Spark, because it's gonna be Gabriel's story! Yay! :))

This review is also posted at Book Overdose

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm.

Quotes Eunice Liked

Brigid Kemmerer
“You're probably thinking I owe you my life."[Chris]
"No." she [Becca] snapped.
"Just sixty bucks."
"You charge for the hero act?" [Chris]”
Brigid Kemmerer, Storm

Mimi Valentine Ohhhh, YAY! *does Lotto 649 disco dance* I'm so happy you're reading this, Eunice!!! Are you liking it so far? :)

message 2: by Eunice (last edited May 06, 2012 07:16AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eunice Hi Mimi! I just finished it and I really liked it. I wasn't much of a fan of the love-triangle though (view spoiler) but overall it was really good! I love Nick and Gabriel too! LOL! :D

Jasprit Yay! I seriously can't wait to read this! Look forward to your review! :)

Eunice Thanks Jasprit! I can't wait for you to read it too there were just so many boys! *swoons*! lol! :DD

♥Rachel♥ Great review Eunice. I've heard lots of good things about the hot-swoon-worthy boys in this one! Lol! :)

Jasprit hehehe so glad you had so much fun with with the boys this book I keep hearing great things it! Fab review! :)

Eunice Thank you Rachel and Jasprit! You have to meet these boys soon. I would gladly share them! LOL! :))