Rusty's Reviews > The Incredible Hulk: Planet Hulk

The Incredible Hulk by Greg Pak

Aug 23, 08

bookshelves: graphic-novels, favorites, read-in-2008, hulk, marvel

The Hulk’s friends take advantage of an interstellar mission he has undertaken, and re-route his ship to land on an uninhabited planet. The vessel, however, is pulled off-course, and he lands on a planet inhabited by violent factions, with weapons and monsters that can hurt him. He is forced to serve as a gladiator with a small band of outcasts, for the amusement of a planet-wide audience. He soon decides to use his band of warriors for other pursuits.

In my opinion, this one smacked of a Conan novel, with the Hulk as stand-in. Although I enjoyed this one more than I have any of the Conan novels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Incredible Hulk.

message 1: by Eric (new)

Eric whoa, 5/5? i heard that it is non stop action and ive been meaning to check it out. anything bad that you can think of about it?

Rusty I liked it a lot, obviously, but that may be because I haven't read Hulk in a long time. I stopped reading it because I didn't like it enough to pay the $2.00 anymore. So I didn't expect a whole lot out of it, and it was good. The odd thing about it is that it kind of reads like a Conan graphic novel. So I guess it depends how you feel about Conan.

It's definitely worth a read. Hope you like it.

message 3: by Eric (new)

Eric wow, now you REALLY make me want to read it! if you are talking about the recent dark horse conan series (kurt busiek), then this should be right up my alley.

thanks for the heads up!