Carla's Reviews > Bared to You

Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Apr 16, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, alpha-males, erotica, rocked-my-world, 2012-favorites, emotional-roller-coaster, 2012-read, reviewed
Read from April 14 to 16, 2012

Oh boy i don't believe this book ended like that. I was hoping for more. Some kind of cliffhanger... nah!!! But what an amazing book. Totally Fifty shades feeling
Well first, i'm gonna review this book, and then i'm gonna say why i was interested in it.

Fist we have this 24 years old woman who moved to New York and is trying to settle herself in this amazing and crazy city. New apartment, job... everything. She lives with a bissexual friend. An amazing guy, btw.

She's working in this ad company. And she loves it. And it's in there she meets this smokin hot, dark, raw, confident, rich guy. The attraction beteween them is so strong, she can't stop thinking how would be having sex with him. And he want's her at the point he stalks her. But the problem is, he wants just sex. Nothing more. He doesn't do the romantic thing. And she senses he's trouble. She trys to stay away from him. Sex needs to be more, at least friendlly. But can'she resist him?! Well the story start to get really really good from here. She realizes he has bad issues from his past, and so does she. Will them be able to deal with all this!?

Well i started to read this book because of this comparison people have been making with fifty shades of grey and addict as i am with this story, i had to check this out. So there are going to have spoilers here about both books, so if you don't want to know it's better skip this. ****

Now that i finished the first book, i can say this couldn't be more diferent and couldn't be more alike. I mean, certainly there are some similarities. Both of them has BDSM context, romance with deep drama and smokin hot sex. In fact i think there was too much sex. And i'm not telling this because i don't like it, on the contrary, but i think there were some moments that they should have sorted things out by talking and not having sex.

But back to the parallel with 50 shades, i thinks it's safe to say that the BDSM context here is more light than in 50 shades. The thing here was more about control, and not punishement, pain and those kind of things about BDSM. Christian and Gideon are alike, but i'm talking about Christian part 2, because see? This is where the storys are similar, they can be the dom, but in the end of the day it's Ana and Eva who has the power over them. Because like they said it doesn't matter how they got them, as long as they got. And all of them have issues in their past, complicated things that expires in that relationship with Ana and Eva. And they don't know how to deal with it. Although Gideon was better than Christian about this.
It's dificult for me to make this parallel because we already got all the 50 shades story, bared to you no... this was just the first book, and there's a lot of story to come around. But i can say that i liked Ana more than Eva, and a liked Gideon more than Christian (at least in this first book). Of couse i felt deep in love with Chrisitan but just after the first book. But the thing is, i had more faith in their relationship than i have with Eva and Gideon. You know that felling that they will love each other no matter what!? I felt this about them since the first book, and i didn't about Eva and Gideon.

But im really excited about the next book. I want to know what this secret about Gideon is, i have a good guess though. I hope they don't mess things up too much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bared to You.

Quotes Carla Liked

Sylvia Day
“He was the kind of guy that made a woman want to rip his shirt open and watch the buttons scatter along with her inhibitions.”
Sylvia Day, Bared to You