Cassie C's Reviews > Amaranthine

Amaranthine by Leah Crichton

Apr 15, 12

Read in April, 2012 — I own a copy

When I read the back of this book, I wasn't sure what to expect. From the cover, I was expecting it to be another book on angels, but I was wrong. I don't want to give anything away, but I thought it was a great twist. I was rooting for Orion (such a cool name by the way) for the entire book. Even after the little incident that made Ireland break up with him, I knew something was fishy. After the revelation was made toward the middle/end of the book, you could see how much Orion was struggling with his feelings for Ireland. I loved all of the moments that the two shared together. I felt the book was extremely well written (especially for a first time author). Ms. Crichton did a wonderful job at making the reader experience everything, and make the writing come alive. I also found very few mistakes in the book. Sure, there were a couple, but not like some I have read recently. Even though this is a stand-alone book, which is a refreshing change from all of the series that I have been reading lately, I wouldn't mind another book. I was so caught up in the world of Orion and Ireland that I would love to read more about them. It is safe to say that I will definitely be reading more by this author, and I would highly recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amaranthine.