Yvonne's Reviews > Copycat Killing

Copycat Killing by Sofie Kelly

Apr 16, 12

Read from April 10 to 15, 2012

Mayville Heights is having major rain storms causing a huge flood in the small town’s local artists’ co-op. Librarian Kathleen Paulson is desperately trying to help her friends save their art work from being destroyed by all the water. She’s more than a little stunned when she discovers the body of one of the artists floating in the basement. The questions begin starting with why was he down there in the first place.

Kathleen stumbles upon a few clues that make her think the artist’s death is more than an accidental drowning. She’s devastated when the clues lead to her best friend, but she knows Maggie is innocent of any wrongdoing. Kathleen is determined to clear her friend’s name, as well as discover what really happened to Jaeger Merrill.

Kathleen gets quite a bit of help in her search for the truth starting with her two magical cats, Owen and Hercules. Their mystical powers come in handy in cracking this case, along with the help of the handsome detective, Marcus Gordon.

I absolutely love this series! It’s the third book and I’ve loved each book a little more than the previous one. I’ve come to love and care about all these characters. Kathleen is a strong character and her two best friends, Maggie and Roma, are equally as strong. Not to mention those two cutie pie cats – one disappears whenever he wants and the other walks through walls. The best part is when Kathleen has conversations with her cats. Mine aren’t magical, but I have conversations, too, and I’m sure they understand every word I say 

This is a fast–paced book with a cozy setting, loveable characters and more twists and turns than a rollercoaster. An excellent cozy!

FTC Disclosure: The author and publisher provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Copycat Killing.

04/13/2012 page 115