Patrick's Reviews > Mike's Election Guide

Mike's Election Guide by Michael Moore

Oct 18, 08

bookshelves: 2008
Read in August, 2008

Funny and informative as usual, I just don't get why he started backing Democrats now, even though they're worse than when he began dissing them. I have been bringing up "socialized police" and "socialized fire departments" anytime someone balks at the idea of free health care, so that's the best thing I took away from this. Also, did you know that every other fucking country has their elections on the weekend? One of Mike's "Ten Decrees for the First Ten Days in Office" if Obama wins, is to have a train of Bushco's rogue's gallery brought out of the White House in handcuffs, but that will never happen. Anyways, you probably know if you're the type of person who would read this or not. And if you are, I urge you to vote third party because, seriously, look at Obama's voting record, he's a sheep in wolf's clothing, just like Kerry and Gore before him. Republicans aren't the whole problem, the "left" being complicit with them is.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mike's Election Guide.

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna I honestly have no interest in reading this book but I'd be interested in hearing more of your thoughts on Obama (and I guess politics in general).

I generally find Michael Moore to be obnoxious even though I agree with a lot of what he thinks/says. He's just kind of polarizing and angry, I guess. This book in particular just seems like a lame attempt to make more money off his more hardcore fans.