emi Bevacqua's Reviews > You're Finally Here!

You're Finally Here! by Mélanie Watt

Apr 10, 12

bookshelves: juvenile
Recommended to emi by: a book list!
Read on April 10, 2012

There's absolutely no story to this book, I think it's more for the parents to enjoy than the children. I will say the illustrations appeal to any age. However, I have to put on my frowny pants and grump all over Melanie Watt for introducing my girls to such horrifying notions as "sticking gum under the sofa," and "running on carpet with muddy feet." Upon hearing the line, "as unfair as being too short to go on a ride," one of my 4 year olds said, "that's not about fair, that's about safe if a little kid falls off a ride!" I think it's unconscionable when puppets make jokes to little kids about not liking school, or when President Bush tells the world he doesn't like eating broccoli; and Melanie Watt, I take issue with you telling my kids that having to go to bed and having to eat a brussels sprout is unfair! No matter how cute your bunny's eyebrows are.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You're Finally Here!.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joan (new)

Joan Morris Well whatever you do DON'T let them get hold of Eloise by Kay Thompson which is full of naughtiness and naturally one of Rose's favourites. They're a bit young for it but it's all about a girl who lives in the Plaza hotel when people still smoked!

message 2: by emi (new) - rated it 1 star

emi Bevacqua I remember Eloise from when I was little! I just realized You're Finally Here is a Disney book, which fits perfectly with my Disney vs. The Future of Humankind Theory.