ClubStephenKing's Reviews > The Wind Through the Keyhole

The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King

Apr 10, 2012

**A story within a story, within a story...**

"A person's never tool old for stories. Man and boy, girl and woman, never tool old. We live for them." (Roland Deschain).

"The Wind through the Keyhole" is a novel that stands a little bit aside from the rest of the Dark Tower saga. Its story takes place between the 4th & 5th novels.
If Stephen King concluded the saga about 7 years ago, he seems to find it hard to let it go and not coming back to it.
This is something that anyone can easily understand as he spent over 40 years writing it (published over 20 years), and it developped its roots in numerous of his short stories and novels (Black House & Insomnia are probably the best exemples). His whole bibliography has been deeply impacted by the Dark Tower saga.

This novel, "The wind through the keyhole" is dedicated to Robin Furth and the whole team @ Marvel Comics. As this team took his universe, adapted in comics and developped it.. we can guess that Stephen King wanted himself to return to the Dark Tower and write some more stories... and what better way than the one that he found?

"The Wind through the Keyhole" is the title of story, within a story narrated by Roland.

It's always a pleasure to meet Roland & his ka-tet.. but i personally was disappointed by this novel, and more precisely by the fact there is not much 'links' with the whole saga. The main part of this book is the story titled "The wind through the keyhole", which is nicely written... but it simply didnt manage to "catch me".
IMHO, Roland & Jamie's hunt for the skin-man is quite short, and, it seemed to me, too easy. And finally, the part with Roland and his ka-tet looking for a shelter before the icy-storm is also quite short.

In the end, although the stories are nicely written and put altogether, one inside each other, i personally was disappointed by the overwhole novel.
I simply wanted to spend more time with Roland and his ka-tet... and that's what i was expecting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wind Through the Keyhole.

Shauna Wood I love that quote! I highlighted it too!