Becky Canovan's Reviews > Thou Shalt Not Road Trip

Apr 19, 12

liked it
bookshelves: to-read
Read in April, 2012

I moved through this book pretty quickly. I was compelled to read it by the characters, but I'm not sure in the end I actually liked any of them. I found the situations a bit unrealistic. Who sends a 16 year old with a book in its 5th printing on tour by himself? And seriously, how did this kid turn out as well as he did? It doesn't seem like any of the adults or even his older siblings are looking out for him in any helpful manner. If I had to be friends with someone from this book, it would have to be Fran. The girl knows how to be herself and be a friend.

The book seemed a bit disjointed, like we were getting clues to pick up along the way about what was really happening, but between the interruptions of the parables (which I adored!) and the roadtrip plot device I always felt a little lost. I guess in that way I was a lot like Luke. I wonder after reading this if I might have liked Halleujah, Luke's book in the story, better than Thou Shalt Not Road Trip.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thou Shalt Not Road Trip.