Beth Cato's Reviews > Dream Chaser

Dream Chaser by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Apr 10, 12

bookshelves: in, 2008, romance, urban, fantasy
Read in April, 2008

Background on my reading: Before my writer's conference last weekend, I knew Sherrilyn Kenyon was one of the major romance writers in attendance. I had no idea how fanatic her following is, or that the wait in line for her autograph was over an hour long. She was the keynote speaker at our Friday dinner and spoke of the obstacles to not only getting published, but to staying published. She had spilled a drink on her speech, too, which made her and everyone else laugh when she couldn't read a section. When I spoke to her during the book signing, she was very sweet and encouraging and wanted to know how conference was for me and if I'd had any agent requests (yes!) and she even squeezed my hand for good luck. That means a lot coming from someone who is such a huge success and a #1 New York Times bestseller.[return][return]The book Dream Catcher was one of many free books I was given during the conference. I've never read any of Sherrilyn Kenyon's novels, nor any other paranormal romance. I read very little romance, period. I found this book quite fascinating and compelling. She has created a vast and detailed world that involves all the major pantheons of gods; this book focused most on the Greek, Sumerian, and Atlantean deities. The characters felt very real, complete with a plethora of pop culture references (even one to Hannah Montana), and it was believable. The sex scenes were inevitable, but at that point both of the characters had matured and it felt... well... right. Yes, it had some of the same flow that one would expect with a romance novel, but it was still a refreshing approach. I wouldn't mind reading more of her books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dream Chaser.