Beth Cato's Reviews > Timeless

Timeless by Gail Carriger

Apr 10, 12

bookshelves: in, 2012, parasol-protectorate, steampunk, historical, fiction
Read in April, 2012

I must admit, I was a bit melancholy as I read this final book in the main series. I've enjoyed it from the very start and feel like I have matured along with the characters. Carriger's wit is just as sharp in this volume, but more than that it shows the care she took in forming the main plot across all five books. It's impressive how little elements in the earlier volumes turned out to be of vital importance here.[return][return]Alexia is without question the main character and driving force, but Timeless also enabled minor characters to shine. Her daughter Prudence, at all of two, is amusing and I'm eager to see how Carriger writes Prudence in the forthcoming YA series. Then there is Biffy. Poor Biffy went through quite a lot over the past few books, but here--there is the promise of happiness, and that is well deserved.[return][return]In all, this book is as fun as the previous books in the series, filled with razor-sharp wit, action, flamboyant steampunk, and the supernatural. If you want to dive into the series, be sure to start with the first book, Soulless.
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timeless.