Beth Cato's Reviews > Marque and Reprisal

Marque and Reprisal by Elizabeth Moon

Apr 10, 12

bookshelves: in, 2010, science, fiction, vatta-s-war
Read in January, 2010

Captain Ky Vatta thinks her worries are behind her. After all, she and her crew have escaped a conflict on Sabine and are now able to commence their trading with other planets. Things change suddenly as several assassins attempt attacks, and rumors of widespread assaults against the Vatta family are left hanging after the communications networks fall apart. Ky takes to space, unsure of what awaits her in the next port, but one things is growing clear: this is war.[return][return]I continue to love this series and admire Moon's complex plot arc from novel to novel. Ky is a brilliant captain, but not Mary Sue; she wrestles with moral questions at the exhilaration she feels after killing in self-defense, and even as she makes mistakes she still manages to scrape through alive. I've already ordered the next three books from Amazon so I can keep reading and find out what happens to Ky and the rest of the Vattas.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marque and Reprisal.