Jodi's Reviews > Home Front

Home Front by Kristin Hannah

F 50x66
Apr 10, 12

Read in April, 2012

Oh my goodness. I started this book yesterday and spent about 6 hours last night reading it. I normally only read at night but I was so captivated by this book I had to keep reading it and see how it ended. I am exhausted today and my face hurts from this book. I cried for pretty much the entire 388 pages of this book. I thought that I would stop by this book hit a nerve for me. It was about a female who had two girls and a husband. She was a helicopter pilot for the United States Army. She was a national guard soldier. She loved flying and loved that her best friend flew with her. Both mothers found out that they were being sent to Iraq to seve in the war. Two families and two different personally lives. One wife the husband and son were sad but very proud of the mother. The other mom had more trouble. Her husband was not happy and thought that she did not have to go and that she could just quit the military and stay home. The two daughters were scared and had only really had their mother around to help them and love them. The two ladies left and the story takes you through their new lives in Iraq and the fact that as a military mother the military had to come first for survival and that they had to be able to compartmentalize their feelings for their family and focus on the task at hand. Tragedy happens and both families are left to try to pick up the pieces. This was a true tear jerker. A wonderful book and marriage and finding your way back to love no matter what the past looked like.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Home Front.