Kkatem's Reviews > Shantaram

Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shantaram.

Quotes Kkatem Liked

Gregory David Roberts
“She loved the guy. She did it for him. She would’ve done anything for him. Some people are like that. Some loves are like that. Most loves are like that, from what I can see. Your heart starts to feel like an overcrowded lifeboat. You throw your pride out to keep it afloat, and your self-respect and your independence. After a while you start throwing people out—your friends, everyone you used to know. And it’s still not enough. The lifeboat is still sinking, and you know it’s going to take you down with it. I’ve seen that happen to a lot of people here. I think that’s why I’m sick of love.”
tags: love

Gregory David Roberts
“One of the reasons why we crave love, and seek it so desperately, is that love is the only cure for loneliness, and shame, and sorrow. But some feelings sink so deep into the heart that only loneliness can help you find them again. Some truths about yourself are so painful that only shame can help you live with them. And some things are just so sad that only your soul can do the crying for you.”
tags: love

Gregory David Roberts
“Love is a one-way street. Love, like respect isn't something you get; it's something you give”