Anastasia (At Bookish)'s Reviews > Wicked Lovely

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Apr 11, 12

Read in April, 2012

I have been obsessed with faery books lately, and this was a good start to satiating my appetite.

In many books, the clueless, innocent female main character and protagonist has no idea what is going on, no idea that faeries exist. It is up to the big, strong men to guide and protect her, to gently tell her about the fey, to act chivalrous and kill for their ladies.

It wasn't that way with this book. And I loved it.

Aislinn knows about the fey. She is informed and strong. She knows about the fey whereas her boyfriend/best friend Seth doesn't. It's up to her to take charge and be strong and protect herself from the fey... even though Seth is calming her down when she gets to stressed out.

I loved Seth's and Aislinn's romantic relationship as well. I feel - in books and in real life - like so many relationships are based purely on sex. It wasn't like that with Aislinn and Seth at all. Seth had waited to be with her for a long time, and Ash didn't want to ruin their relationship. In a lot of ways, they remained more best friends than boyfriend and girlfriend. And I was greatful for that.

I thought Aislinn was also very noble and very wise for someone her age. She did what needed to be done, and did it so everyone - or almost everyone - that mattered to her was fairly happy. She was brave and handled herself well at the hands of the fey. And I admire her for that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Lovely.