Natalie (Natflix&Books)'s Reviews > Social Suicide

Social Suicide by Gemma Halliday

May 15, 12

Read from May 09 to 13, 2012

3.5
After reading the delightful Deadly Cool I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book, and I'm happy to report that it didn't disappoint. Hartley is back and on a new case. This time she is trying to solve the murder of Sydney, a homecoming queen hopeful who was recently expelled for cheating (she painted the test answers on her fingernails). Hartley is now working for the online paper with Chase and she finds Sydney dead in her pool when she goes over to interview her about the cheating scandal. The police think it's a suicide, Sydney was electrocuted in the pool with her plugged in laptop, but Hartley doesn't think so, she thinks it was murder.

Social Suicide is another fun, breezy mystery written in the (almost exactly) same vein as Deadly Cool, but I liked it. Hartley is such a fun, snarky, witty girl and I love following her on her escapades. I love her best friend and her best friend's cheesy high school relationship (matching shirts and all). I love the almost, somewhat awkward, relationship with the swoon-worthy Chase. I love the relationship Hartley has with her SMother, made even funnier this time around as her mom is looking for love via match.com. All in all, I just really enjoy this series and Ms. Halliday's fast-paced, easy writing and can not wait for the next installment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Social Suicide.