Carly Thompson's Reviews > Rurally Screwed: My Life Off the Grid with the Cowboy I Love

Rurally Screwed by Jessie Knadler

May 08, 12

bookshelves: 2012, memoir, comfort-reading
Read from May 08 to 11, 2012

A chick lit memoir (and that description is not meant to be a slam). Jessie Knadler is a New York City writer who is in a bit of a rut when travels to Montana to write a magazine article on a unique rodeo in the badlands of Eastern Montana. There she means a bull rider named Jake and embarks on a brief affair which soon develops into love and marriage. Jessie and Jake move to Lexington, Virginia and begin their married life together. All does not go smoothly and Jessie has some difficulty adjusting to rural life.

I really enjoyed this book--it was exactly what I wanted to read at the time. Not very heavy but still poignant with healthy doses of humor. I would recommend this for readers who enjoy chick lit, non celebrity memoirs, and warm and inviting stories.

I also checked out the author's blog after reading this and her husband is definitely a very good looking cowboy (and their little daughter is adorable).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rurally Screwed.