Kim's Reviews > Dark Corners

Dark Corners by Liz Schulte

F 50x66
Apr 15, 12

bookshelves: suspense-mystery-thriller, worth-rereading, favorite-stand-alones, kindle-own
Read in April, 2012

BRILLIANT thriller/ghost story! So intense I couldn't stay still...I spent much of my time reading pacing throughout the house, kindle in hand!

The main character, Ella, was snarky, demanding and difficult but I LOVED her just as she was! She was outspoken and rude, but she was also perceptive, intelligent and brave. She was a strong, reliable main character who gave the book the intensity and purpose it needed to be a sinister thriller/whodunit.

Ella was desperate to get herself out of her current living conditions - a haunted house in which she found her husband murdered in a year before. Stubborn to the core, Ella refused to leave the house until the murder was solved. She'd spent the last year engrossed in her grief, secluded from the world. She meets Grant while she drinks away her sorrow at the local pub. Grant doesn't give up easily and won't take a firm 'go away' for an answer. This opens her up to the idea of slipping out from her shell, even just a little. Grant shows up only a few times, but he always has something mindful to say. She seeks help from Gabriel, the officer assigned to the murder case. He quickly acknowledges the ghostly essence in the house - the slamming windows, locking doors, banging and screams. Ella is relieved as she has always been regarded as crazy - no one, even her late husband had never believed her ghost stories. Ella and Gabriel form a close friendship as they work together for clues and answers.

Do they find the murderer? Or....is the murderer not of the natural world?? This is a fantastic page turner with lots of surprises you'll never in a million years guess!

I enjoyed it completely!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Corners.