Jc's Reviews > Can You Keep a Secret?

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella

Aug 23, 08

bookshelves: chicklit

I decided to give Sophie Kinsella another try (I started a Shopaholic book once, but must have been in Chicklit burnout because I couldn't finish it), and picked up Can You Keep a Secret?. The premise is that Emma has a really horrible day that ends in a terrifying plane trip. In a panic, she turns to the man sitting beside her and spills every secret she has ever had: lying about her grades on her resume, that she hates jazz even though her boyfriend thinks she loves it and continues to buy her tickets to concerts, how she lost her virginity, her real weight - secrets small and large tumble out her mouth uncontrollably. Then when she shows up at work, it ends up that the guy owns the company that she works for, and remembers each and every secret she told.

There are two things that make Can You Keep a Secret? stand out in my mind. First, it is laugh out loud funny. Second, Emma is a thoughtful, believable protagonist. I suggest this book to people who are looking for a fun read with a sweet romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can You Keep a Secret?.