Kate 's Reviews > The Book of Blood and Shadow

The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman

Apr 10, 12

This was actually the very first book I read this year. I meant to review it right away, and then it slipped away frm me and pretty soon we were getting close to release date so I decided to hold off until then. So to start HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY! Now, onto the review...

This book is dense. In a completely awesome way. There is so much information and so much action packed into this book, it non stop from start to finish. It's very reminiscent of The Davinci Code, not in story line, but in the way the story flows and in some of the themes. There is a lot of action and intrigue and we see our characters travel across the world to try and solve this centuries old mystery.

I thought the story was really well thought out and written. What can sometimes happen, especially when you are dealing with a lot of historical facts, you can get bogged down and lose track of who is where and what is what. I never felt that here. I had a pretty good idea of the what they were looking at and what they were looking for throughout the entire story. I was never 100% sure in terms of who the good guys were and who the bad guys were, but that's what made the story so interesting.

Since this book just came out today I'm going to refrain from commenting on the plot and characters too much because I really don't want to give anything away. I want you to go grab this book and read it yourself!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Blood and Shadow.