Sue Wargo's Reviews > Pineapple Grenade

Pineapple Grenade by Tim Dorsey

Apr 11, 12

bookshelves: mysteries
Read from April 10 to 11, 2012

I jumped into this series without knowing much about it. The blurb on the jacket made it sound like a fun book so what the heck. I found there was virtually no background provided about the characters such as who they are and their relationship to each other. As a mystery series reader, that filler which may annoy the long time reader, helps the new reader. I found that had I not purchased the book, I would have stopped after about 50 pages and given up. However, I plodded along and make that really plod, I found that it took more than half the book to make me want to keep reading. The last quarter of the book not bad. But also, to assist me in moving the book along, I went to the author's web site, and other review sites to help me like the book. That was a pain. I found it just okay, I would not recommend without prior knowledge or reading others in the series. And funny? Really? Humor is juvenile and I actually like humor in mystery. I likely would not pay to read another of these. Sorry Mr. Dorsey, you made a big mistake with future readers not providing them with Serge & Coleman backgrounds. It set the tone for the book and lost me as a potential reader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pineapple Grenade.

04/10/2012 page 195