Deanna Drai Turner's Reviews > Though Not Dead

Though Not Dead by Dana Stabenow

Apr 10, 12

Read in April, 2012, read count: 1

This author challenged me a bit. It took me longer to read this book than it normally would. Something about how she constructs her sentences slows me a bit. Perhaps appropriately run on. Perhaps organized backwards. Not sure but she makes me work harder for comprehension than I am accustomed too. It could also be in part because she is telling historical Alaskan fiction, so there are many family names, tribal names, people to keep track of...and then also because this is a book in a series and I started in the middle. AND all that said, I really like this story teller. She presents an engaging and complex mystery that is not easy for a reader to unravel, which I deeply appreciate. She paints just enough history, flora, fauna, culture to captive and not bore me. She offers me however a rediculously brave protagonist...I like the FBI woman character, but for the fact that she never shows pause or fear, at any level really, and I think that unreasonable. Regardless, a good story. Will read her more when I am willing to work at reading again.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Though Not Dead.