Lisseth (Read-a-holicZ)'s Reviews > The Dream Slayer

Jul 17, 12

bookshelves: blog-tours, i-own, summer-read
Read from April 10 to July 17, 2012

** Originally on Read-A-holicZ**

Although I’m not into fantasy this book was really good. It was a bit confusing in the beginning I didn’t know she was dreaming. Natalie was bit clueless about the whole best friend romance thing. Tristan made it WAY too obvious. In the beginning I felt pity for Natalie but I also wanted to smack her for not standing up for herself.

Her alter ego “the slayer” was very witty and stronger than Natalie, but I feel like she could channel her alter ego if she just gained a little more confidence in herself. I thought Damien’s intrest in her was a little creepy just because the author made him sound so much older.

The whole personal nightmares I thought was brilliant! Absolutely brilliant, what better way to torture someone than by having them live their nightmare. Brian's (Natalie's dad) nightmare made me gasp. It really showed how messed up he was and why. Ruth (Natalie’s mom) nightmare's were torture! I was curious on how the death occurred, but it explained why she was so fragile.

Michelle's nightmare were very shallow, but I like that she starts gaining personality toward the end of the book. I didn’t pity Sarah’s death. She treated Natalie like dirt, and I think she totally deserved what she got. I really enjoyed when “The slayer” (Natalie’s alter) had a dream about the real world and when her dad came in trying to comfort her.

I can't WAIT for the sequel. Other than some holes that needed to be filled and some confusing patches the book was really good.

Oh and I really liked the villain. Not the three brothers but Morach. He was witty, evil and the type of villain you like.

I give this book 4/5 feathers. It was a really GOOD book! I enjoyed it a LOT & you SHOULD DEFINITIVELY READ THIS BOOK! =)

-Karina
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dream Slayer.