James's Reviews > Angels & Demons

Angels & Demons by Dan Brown

Jul 02, 13

7 likes · like

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels & Demons.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elise (new)

Elise I agree wholeheartedly with your review...what surprises me is that you even considered it possible that Dan Brown could write a book that was anything but a waste of whatever energy one's body uses to process visual images. Could it be that you are among the minority of Americans that have not read the Da Vinci Code? If so, you are one of the lucky few who escaped. Run free James...run free.

James Yeah, no, I never thought he could do it, but I think I must have assumed that he could at least spin an enticing yarn. I was wrong! I could not get past the utter soullessness and spirit crushing banality of the prose. I thought to myself, this is why people love TV so much... because they read THIS. This book is like an add advocating illiteracy and mediocrity... Oh, and, no, I never read the fucking DaVinci Code--I sat through 35 mins of Tom Hanks' mulletted performance in the Ron Howard film and just had to walk away. How is it possible that people read and enjoy this stuff? Ostensibly, I mean one would assume that Ron Howard and Brian Grazer are reasonably intelligent men. How could they have read this and thought, hey, let's make a movie and we'll get Tom Hanks to do it and he'll have a mullett in it. WTF??

Irene If you avoided the last 50 pages, you did yourself a big favor. The end is probably the worst one of all I've ever read or watch in a movie/tv show, The crappy crown over a pile of crap

message 4: by William (new)

William Ainsworth If you think the book is bad wait till you see the film; it's a million times worse.