Holly Full Moon Bites Book Reviews's Reviews > Embrace

Embrace by Stacey Rourke

Apr 10, 2012

bookshelves: read-and-reviewed-from-author-or-pu
Read on April 04, 2012

May have slight spoilers.

Embrace, the second novel in author Stacey Rourke’s The Gryphon series, follows our main characters from the last novel, Celeste Garrett, her older brother Gabe and their little sister Kendall (Kini) who in the first novel learned that they were superheroes.

More specifically they changed because an old oath made by an ancestor to the Gryphon—the Protector of the Divine—to serve and help fight evil. One day three of their line would be called upon when they was needed the most; the Protector, the Guardian and most importantly the Conduit. Gabe, the Protector, Kendall the Guardian and Celeste is the Conduit.

The Conduit is a link to the Gryphon himself which means Celeste gets a whole lot more than she ever imagined, while Gabe is her protector and Kendall her shield.

Add into all of this Alaina, a spirit guide to help train them, which Gabe has a particular eye for and you have a very interesting plot to say the least. Now throw in demons and a hot guy that can make Celeste purr and Alec drama, geeky demons, some other bad guy problems and you have a page turner that you will not want to put down!

As with the first novel in this series—Rourke made me laugh out loud though out the novel and I did not want to put it down—I, in fact read it in one sitting starting at 2 A.M in the morning.

Another thing this novel had in common with the first? The ending. Huge cliffhanger!

In the last novel Celeste learned a secret about her ‘current’ boyfriend (Alec) and the novel pretty much stopped and we were left with a huge question of what happened.

I thought the novel would pick back up around here, but in fact it did not, we actually have to read a good bit to find out what happened that day.

But while reading we follow Celeste as she hunts for monsters with her brother and sister. Just because they killed one of the lead men of the Army in the last novel, doesn’t mean they have taken out the threat.

With this novel Rourke has managed to out do her previous book, making it suspenseful, funny, and mysterious also adding a sexual tension between some of our characters that was missing in the first novel.

I would recommend this novel to anyone, young-adult, adult, this is the kind of novel that anyone could become addicted to love. I can not wait to pick up the third book!

*I received a hardcover/paperback/eBook copy/ARC of this book for free to review from the author/publisher; this in no way influenced my review, all opinions are 100% honest and my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embrace.

Stacey Rourke Hey Hollie, Embrace is up on Amazon if you'd please post your review there too! Thanks!

Holly Full Moon Bites Book Reviews Stacey wrote: "Hey Hollie, Embrace is up on Amazon if you'd please post your review there too! Thanks!"

Just posted it on Amazon! :)