Mikaela's Reviews > Blood Song

Blood Song by Cat Adams

F_50x66
Apr 10, 12

Read in April, 2012

Cat Adams is another author that I have wanted to read for awhile, so when Tor offered their first three books for 2.99 I bought the first one.

Once I started reading this book, I devoured it. It is set in an intriguing world, filled with a number of paranormal creatures. What I liked were the fact that Celia was already a part of it as her job.
The world felt solid, and well researched both when it comes to vampires, werewolves and demons. I loved how holy water affected demons, and the silver affected werewolves. It was based on a lot of myths, with a twists.
Set against this background is Celia's struggle to adjust to her life as an abnomation. Which is clearly shown through the book. I liked it. I especially liked that Celia refused to enter Birchwoods, but at the same time recognized that it might be necessary.
As if this isn't enough, she also has to deal with her ex-boyfriend, and other life issues.

This was well written, but not perfect. I think some of the issues I had with it depended on my mood. The biggest issue I had was Celia. I had trouble connecting with her. I cared about what happened to her, but not much. Part of the reason were the fact that so much happened. Sometimes it felt as if the authors had gotten an idea, and added it without connecting it to the plot.

Will I read more books by Cat Adams? Maybe.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Song.